I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Dollhouse bathroom and bedroom

I have finished the bathroom for the dollhouse.
I chose a blue floral print wallpaper and a tile print floor........

next I made a tiny little toilet paper holder with 
tiny little toilet paper

I made a wall shelf, a cabinet for towels,
and homemade towels

Another cabinet for towels and small items
with a towel hanger
the "small" items are hand made tiny pieces of soaps (oven bake clay)
and other bath products that I made and glued 
miniature labels onto.

The little mirror is real. It is made from the top 
of a tiny concealer compact with decorative
trim added.


I added a small bath rug

and printed rug for the floor. Now the bathroom 
is complete.

I chose a pretty pink floral wallpaper for the dollhouse 
bedroom, with pink decorative flooring and then made
lace curtains. 

I made a bed from twigs out in the yard

I made mattress, matching sheets and pillows

and I made a quilt from a vintage fingertip towel. 

I had this vintage precious moments trinket box
in my shop.......but it looked perfect for the dollhouse 
bedroom.

It has had it's vase of flowers broken off....

so I got creative with my beads.......

and made tiny perfume bottles for the dresser instead
They glisten in the light


I also made a little lamp from beads

and it all looks perfect for the bedroom

Now the dollhouse bedroom is complete, except the rocker
and table need painting, and the shelves need items.
That will come later. 
I will show the dining room and child's room
in my next posts, as this post is already pretty lengthy.  



8 comments:

lil red hen said...

Oh how I wish I could see your rooms in person! They're precious! Your talents don't stop with embroidery; the clay objects prove that. Thank you so much for sharing the rooms.

Debra said...

This is beautiful! I thought the bathroom was a full sized room-it's so realistic. This is a work of art.

Prims By The Water said...

This all looks so very good! Very talented in creating the toilet paper holder, lamp and even how you did the perfume bottles. Great job! Janice

mamasmercantile said...

You are an inspiration, it all looks so beautiful.

Hill Top Post said...

This is so life-like! Your small details are amazing! This really is a work of art!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I love the dollhouse! Reminds me of the one I used to have and how I decorated it and made things for it, especially the bathroom, great minds think alike!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I adore your vintage linen collection. I always have an embroidery project "on the go". But boy, I can't get over this doll house and the creativity you displayed in making all the little things. You have such talent!

handmade by amalia said...

I can't believe that sweet bed and all the beautiful linen! And the wallpaper! And the curtains! The whole house has such a wonderful vintage vibe.
Amalia
xo