I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, September 4, 2022

One website

 leads to another website.........and then to another website, 

and then.....you find yourself surrounded with so many lovely images
and so many inspiring projects that you don't know what to try first!
This is what happened when I came upon this lovely crocheted lace.
The tutorial for this is 4 videos on YouTube and very easy to follow. 
I will share the link with you at the end of this post. 
I crocheted this piece the first time with a coral color, large,r count thread.
I loved it so much that I wanted to make a smaller size and longer piece to 
add to my handmade lace box
One thing I love about video tutorials is that I can stop and go
back if I am either too slow stitching or if I do not quite understand the step
I am working with.  If you go to this tutorial and decide to try your hand at 
crocheting this piece, I wish you many happy crocheted stitches along the way.
here is the link,  









8 comments:

Sandra said...

Your crocheted lace is beautiful. You have something so special to add to one of your hand embroidery projects or any of your amazing needleworks.

Faith said...

Oooh! This is lovely. I've never tried my hand at crochet lace. I'm supposing that it uses a size 20 or 30 rather than a #10, but I will check the link you provided. Thanks for stopping over for a visit at my place & leaving a comment. This time I'm going to making soy candles, and they will be in 4 oz mason jars. I like to try new things. I still have beeswax ones I made, they don't burn right, and I have a tunnel going through the candle and wax left over. Thank you for the link.

R's Rue said...

So pretty. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Julia said...

What a beautiful pattern for crocheted lace. I may give it a try this winter when I get nothing exciting to do. Thanks for the link.

Last winter I crocheted a lot of baby blankets from Youtube tutorials, and like you, I like that I can stop the video and go at my own speed.

All the best to you.
Hugs,
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

A Wonderful Lace project. My gramma B use to do this. Janice

Debra said...

Oh my...I must get on YouTube to learn how to crochet. I can only do the most simple of chain stitch. Your lace is so lovely.

Hill Top Post said...

I don't know how I got by before we had Youtube. I have always wished I had learned how to crochet when I was a girl. Now I think I never will, even with Youtube.

Jeannie said...

I can't believe you did that on the first try! You have a talent.

My late grandmother crocheted all the time. She made lace and would sew it onto the end of pillowcases. She always gave them away as wedding and shower gifts. When she died, I got a big box of her lace. After I married, I put some on my pillowcases in memory of her but my husband objected strongly. The lace would tickle his nose when he was asleep and he would wake in a panic thinking it was a spider.

Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry