I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Something new.......and something tiny

 I usually only order books and embroidery kits from my own well known websites that I can trust.  But this time, I took the chance and followed a link that was on Pinterest.  I love Pinterest .....it is so inspiring. 


Isn't this sweet?  I had trouble tracing the words onto 
the thick felt....so I hand wrote them myself..........and it looks wonky......but for me,
it's okay.  
It is a mini candle mat.  It is probably meant for giving to someone
for their birthday......but since I make celebratory birthday dinners
for my family and friends........I will keep it and use it for a centerpiece
for the birthday dinner table. 
The company for this is called Bareroots.com.  She had many lovely kits,
some embroidery kits as well.  The kit arrived quickly and packaged so well. The pattern
instructions are easy to follow and the quality of the materials are excellent.
I did not tell anyone from the company that I was posting about them here........but I am sure they wont mind. I am glad I gave this company a try.
Currently, I am working on a project in which I need 
very tiny sweet treats for.......which I made from polymer clay.  I will show
you more of this as time progresses.
So tell me........do you order kits or books from only one source......or do you take a leap
of faith and try someone new now and then? 
I would love to hear!  
Here's wishing you many creative and inspiring moments!


 


 




6 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Those are some tiny clay desserts. Wonder what you are creating? Lovely birthday mat and I know your family will love it at birthday gatherings too! Janice

Julia said...

Your birthday candle centerpiece is very sweet. You did a fantastic job. I don't usually buy online unless I really have to but in the past, I have bought supplies from reliable sources that I trust.

There are so many scammers out there that sell inferior products. I like to see what I buy before spending my hard-earned money.

Take care and thanks for your comment.
Hugs, Julia

SIRVIENDO AL SEÑOR said...

HOLA KATLEEN QUE BUENO SABER NUEVAMENTE DE TI, GRACIAS POR PASAR POR MI BLOG. QUE HERMOSO TAPETE PARA CENTRO DE MESA, SE VE CALIDO Y ROMANTICO, ¿PUEDES PUBLICAR MAS SEGUIDO? ME ENCANTAN TUS BORDADOS Y ME INSPIRAS MUCHO. ESTOY TRABAJANDO MUCHO EN TEJIDO Y BORDADO PARA VENDER, HOY TERMINE UNA GUIRNALDA DE BANDERINES DE TELA PARA DECORAR LA HABITACION DE MI HIJA PRISCILA, ELLA TIENE SINDROME DE DOWN Y EN OCTUBRE CUMPLIRA 17 AÑOS, ES HERMOSA, DULCE, TRAVIESA, LA AMO CON TODO MI SER, DIOS NOS ELIGIO PARA SER SUS PADRES, A ELLA LE GUSTA QUE LE DECORE CON MANUALIDADES HECHAS POR MI, MENTALMENTE ES MUY NIÑA, SIEMPRE TENDRA UNA MENTE MAS PEQUEÑA CON RESPECTO A SU EDAD CRONOLOGICA, ES MI MIMADA. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Debra said...

The birthday mat is pretty! That would be a lovely addition to any party. I love the colors too. I usually don't order kits, but I do admire them. I like to look at the things people create!

Barwitzki said...

You made a nice coaster, a nice birthday present... instead of a birthday cake :-)))
And the mini cakes are wonderful for the dollhouse... I wish you a happy weekend.
A greeting to you from Viola

SIRVIENDO AL SEÑOR said...

HI KATLEEN: HICE UNA PUBLICACION SOBRE NUESTRO ANIVERSARIO Y UN PAR DE PROYECTOS DE COSTURA, ESPERO QUE TENGAS TIEMPO Y PASES POR MI BLOG. BENDICIONES.