I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, October 2, 2023

Summer has left us

 

and I have welcomed fall with open arms! I love this time of year, don't you?
Once again, it always seems to be this time of year, I go through my stash of
floss, fabric, and threads...........always thinking of what I could start to work on next.
I have a considerable amount of small balls of crochet thread.........much of it vintage that
has found it's way to me either by friends gifting or junk shops literally tossing it.
I am always glad to rescue it.........but I realize I need to use it.
Since there is not such a large amount of the thread on each spool, I have tried to think of a good
way to actually make something small with it without combining all of the odd colors together to make
one large blanket.  
I finally settled on crocheting a miniature shell blanket with this lovely fall color thread.
If you would like to do the same, all you need to do is to 
use your favorite crochet pattern and just make it a lot smaller.
I have a small amount of miniature quilts that I make from time to time 
stored in a box........no use for them , except for the fact I love to make them
So I suppose I can have miniature crocheted blankets in the box with the 
quilts.  I may come up with a use for them all .........some day.
What are you keeping your hands busy with?  Are you decorating for
this wonderful fall season?  I would love to hear!







 


8 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Crocheted blanket is the perfect Fall color. Janice

Leigh said...

I love working with variegated yarns and yours has beautiful fall colors. Mug rugs? I really like the miniature quilt too. Was it a pre-printed pattern? Very clever.

Julia said...

Your little crocheted blanket is very sweet in those fall colors. I've seen some beautiful flat-crocheted animals on Pinterest, using some leftover yarn and thread. You may want to check it out.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm well but I've been so busy that I've neglected to post on my blog during the summer and now it's getting harder to make time but I visit blogs.

Take care, and stay well.
Hugs, Julia

Debra said...

So beautiful! I thought of mug rugs too-or maybe a wall dedicated to the mini quilts.
I'm not decorating much but I have been reorganizing and hoeing out and donating. It feels good to have less-and to keep it that way-if I can!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Your croqueted blankets are adorable. So beautiful. Glad summer is gone. Hopefully, we will have a cooler fall and enjoy the season. Happy Thanksgiving!

Barwitzki said...

Your little shell blanket is beautiful... I especially like it and our forest actually looks exactly like this now... this blaze of colors is heavenly. Walks in the forest as often as possible - a pleasure.
I also like your quilt minis. Very nice.
I haven't been doing much crafting lately. We were out and about a lot in nature and the country - we had a great time.
I pull out the sewing machine now... my fingers are already tingling :-)
Happy work to you and best wishes from Viola.
Yes, making something beautiful is so much fun. Hug

Daisy Debs said...

I love your miniature quilts and crochet blankets ! I adore your little box rooms....have you any dolls to go in them ?

SIRVIENDO AL SEÑOR said...

HOLA HERMANA COMO ESTAS TANTO TIEMPO SIN SABER DE TI, ¿TIENES MUCHO TRABAJO? HACE TIEMPO QUE NO HACES UNA PUBLICACION, ¿ESTAS BIEN Y TU FAMILIA? DISCULPA MI INDISCRECION. ESPERO PRONTO SABER DE TI, DIOS TE BENDIGA RICAMENTE.